Friday 4 May 2012

Winds of Change over our nations and goverments through the power of prayer and intercession

I believe that this age is mostly for the preparation for all of us who are called to be joint heirs with Christ and therefore to rule with Him. (Rom 8:15-19)
But still the Lord cares for the conditions and that which takes place here, right on earth. He certainly loves all people irrespective of race, colour, nationality or gender and I know that He desperately wants to intervene and intercept many of the circumstances right now here on earth. However, there is a need for us to intercede in prayer, when we seek Him, it allows His almighty hand to come into movement! “The heavens are the Lord’s heavens, but the earth has He given to the children of men.” Psa 115:16 The Lord delegated authority over the earth unto men, and He can only intervene if we start to ask Him to! This is why we need to pray and intercede although He already knows our needs.
Prayer warriors and intercessors, we have the ability to bring a release of His mighty Breath! Though we might not carry authority to determine what laws and rules governments implement, yet our sphere and realm that we operate in are far greater! We are throne room commanders (Luk 10:19), we function in the spiritual realm which will ultimately shift and bring change in the physical one. But the breakthrough and victory can only start on one place… our knees!
Prophetic authority
Prophetic authority is the moral authority and power to speak the truth and established by a just and righteous life.  I believe the “church” are called to speak and be a prophetic voice (Eph 3:10) If we continually seek Him, interceding and praying for our nation, government, etc, it will thrust us to a place where the deeper and hidden plans and purposes of the Lord are revealed, heavens strategies and secrets made known! (Jer 33:3) We will start prophesying, speaking and releasing His plans and purposes!  We become ushers of revival and breakthroughs, the miraculous and impossible taking place! What sound are you making? Is it a sound of hope, faith… is it His Word that comes forth from your mouth? Do you know that He will do the very things He hears you say! (Num 14:28) Dearly beloved I challenge you today to become a voice of hope, faith and prayer! Let’s usher in together the breakthrough!

A PRAYER FOR OUR NATION AND GOVERNMENT
Father, in Jesus Name, I give thanks for our country, its people and government. I recognise and acknowledge that all authority has been given and appointed by You. I hold up in prayer before You the men and women in positions of authority and all those in authority over us in any way. I pray that the Spirit of the Lord will rest upon them heavily. I release, in the Name of Jesus Christ, skillful and godly wisdom into their hearts and knowledge that is pleasant to them. I declare that discretion watches over them, understanding keeps them and delivers them from the way of evil and from evil men.  Your Word declares that “blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord”, I receive Your blessings for this nation and its people, I declare salvation and safety over them. I release prosperity and abundance and I break the grip of poverty, violence, murder and destruction in Jesus Christ Name! Father Your Word declares that the heart of the king is in the hand of the Lord and that You turn it whichever way You choose or desire. I believe the heart of our leader is in Your hands and that decisions are divinely directed by You! I give thanks unto You that the Good News of the Gospel is published in our land and I release the power of the Gospel over this nation and people. I declare growth and victory in the hearts and lives of the people. In the Name of Jesus I decree open heavens, revival fire, healing and restoration.  I proclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord over my country, its people and its leaders!

           
   

No comments:

Post a Comment